- Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’
- Search for ‘WooCommerce ActiveCampaign’
- Activate the plugin
- Establish WooCommerce Integration
- Select the Subscribe event.
- Select the Main List you want your customers subscribed to.
- Apply a specific tag to your customers.
- Select Display Opt-In Field
- Enter an Opt-In Field Label
- Do you want the Opt-In Field Positioned Above Order Notes?
- Enter Purchased Product Tags
Visit ‘Plugins > Add New’ #
From your WordPress administration, mouse over Plugin and select Add New from the pop-out menu.
Search for ‘WooCommerce ActiveCampaign’ #
In the keyword search box, enter the keywords ‘activecampaign woocommerce‘ and select the plugin authored by EqualServing.
Activate the plugin #
Activate the WooCommerce ActiveCampaign plugin from your Plugins page.
Establish WooCommerce Integration #
- Mouse over the WooCommerce menu item.
- Select Settings from the pop-out menu.
- Click on the Integration tab.
- The ActiveCampaign configuration panel should display. If other integrations are available, just make sure you select the link labeled ‘ActiveCampaign.’.
- Enable (check) the Enable ActiveCampaign checkbox.
- Enter your ActiveCampaign API URL in the space provided.
- Enter your ActiveCampaign API Key in the space provided.
- Save the changes to establish the connection between your site and ActiveCampaign and your ActiveCampaign lists will populate the dropdown list box.
Select the Subscribe event. #
WooCommerce has various order statuses to denote the stage in the order processing. The statuses are – Pending payment, Failed, Processing, Completed, On-Hold, Cancelled, Refunded. For more information, please see the WooCommerce docs. Of these statuses, our plugin can subscribe your customer at only three statuses – Order Created, Order Processing, or Order Completed.
Select the order status you want to use to feed your customer to ActiveCampaign. Remember: if you choose that status Order Completed, the customer will not be fed into ActiveCampaign when the order has a status of created or processing. The order will only be fed into ActiveCampaign when the order status has changed to Order Completed.
Select the Main List you want your customers subscribed to. #
This dropdown list will be populated with all the List names you have created in ActiveCampaign. Select the List you want your customers subscribed to for future correspondence. If you don’t see a list you created, click the link to reset the list and a call will be made to ActiveCampaign to refresh the list.
Apply a specific tag to your customers. #
This dropdown list will be populated with every tag you have created in ActiveCampaign. If you want a particular tag applied to your customer, you can select it from this list.
Select Display Opt-In Field #
- Visible, checked by default – customers will be presented with an “Opt-in” checkbox during checkout which will be checked by default but the contact will only be added to the Main List above if the checkbox remains checked during the checkout process.
- Visible, unchecked by default – customers will be presented with an “Opt-in” checkbox during checkout which will not be checked by default but the contact will only be added to the Main List above if they opt-in.
- Hidden, checked by default – customers will not see an “opt-in” checkbox during checkout and all customers will be added to the List selected in the Main List option.
- Visible. Must collect email address to send essential product information. Unchecked by default. – customers will be presented with an “Opt-in” checkbox during checkout which will not be checked by default. The contact will be added to ActiveCampaign regardless if they opted in or not. If the customer did not opt in (check the box) they will be tagged newsletter_opt_out. This option was added to allow website owners who sold digital materials and membership to deliver their products to customers via ActiveCampaign automations.
Enter an Opt-In Field Label #
Here you can enter the text you would like to see displayed next to the opt-in checkbox visible from the above step.
Do you want the Opt-In Field Positioned Above Order Notes? #
By default, the Opt-In Field will appear below the Order Notes. If you would like to change the position of the opt-in field on the checkout page, make your selection in this field.
Enter Purchased Product Tags #
Customers added to ActiveCampaign via WooCommerce can be tagged with this additional product-based information. Supported placeholders: #NAME#, #STATUS#, #SKU#, #ID#, #QTY#, #IDWVAR#, #PAYMETHOD#, #CAT#, #TAG#.
- If you want to tag your contacts with the product SKU of all the products they buy, just enter #SKU# in this field.
- To tag customers with the product category, enter #CAT#.
- To tag customers with the SKU and Order Status, enter #SKU# – #STATUS#.
- To tag customers with both the product SKU and product category, enter #SKU#, #CAT#.
PLEASE NOTE the comma between the two placeholders in the previous example. This will generate two separate tags. If the comma is omitted, one tag will be applied with the SKU and category name in it. If this field is left blank, NO tag will be applied.
If you have any problems configuring the plugin, please feel free to submit a ticket with our helpdesk at http://www.equalserving.com/support.